We all know how beneficial water is to us, and we also know that drinking enough water is very important to stay healthy and fit. But somehow we forget to drink water and face the issue of dehydration.
On your weight loss journey, you also need to hydrate yourself throughout the day. But how can you stay hydrated yourself?
Here are the best tips that will help you drink more water and stay hydrated all day.
Start The Day With Water and Stay Hydrated All day
We are not talking about coffee, tea, or taking a bath. We are talking about how you should drink at least one big glass of water in the morning before going to the washroom. It takes around 10 seconds to drink a glass of water. The 10-second water tweak in the morning helps you to refresh all day.
Water helps detoxify your body and clean out toxins. Those who are troubled by constipation issues or stomach-related issues should drink at least 1 or 2 glasses of water in the morning.
But don’t drink chilled or cold water; always prefer to drink a little warm or room-temperature water.
You are also curious about What’s the best thing to drink in the morning?
Try these drinks early in the morning to lose weight
- Lemon water: The best drink for weight loss is lemon, which is rich in vitamin C and fiber and also contains lots of antioxidant properties. If you are dealing with gastro or ulcer issues, then you should avoid lemon water. Rather, it is the best drink to consume daily to stay in shape.
- Apple cider vinegar water: Apple cider vinegar water is also a good drink to consume early in the morning to lose weight. It helps suppress appetite and control hunger. Drink only 1 or 2 tablespoons by diluting them in a glass of water. People dealing with hypokalemia (low potassium) issues or taking insulin tablets should avoid this drink.
- Cinnamon Water: Drinking early morning cinnamon water is good for overall health. Simply boil the cinnamon stick in water and drink it. It contains antioxidants that help improve digestion and are good for heart health.
- Cumin Water: Cumin water is also good for digestion and for diabetics. Simply soak the 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds in a glass of water overnight. And drink and chew the seeds in the early morning.
- Coconut Water: Coconut water is also a good drink to consume early in the morning. It is a natural energy drink that contains lots of minerals and electrolytes to energize your body all day.
- Fenugreek water: Fenugreek water is also good for improving your digestion. Regular consumption of fenugreek seed water early in the morning helps to prevent gastric and bloating issues.
Also, you have to avoid drinking water before sleeping at night. This may cause heartburn or nighttime urination.
Add Water-Rich Vegetables and fruits to Your Day
To stay hydrated, drinking water is not enough; you should eat water-rich fruits and vegetables to stay hydrated all day. Some of the best fruits and vegetables with high water content are melons, papaya, cucumbers, pineapple, lettuce, tomatoes, celery, spinach, zucchini, broccoli, bell peppers, cabbage, asparagus, cauliflower, eggplant, etc.
Be sure to always eat fresh fruits or vegetables to get the best benefits from them. You can include a plate of mixed salad for lunch or dinner.
Fiber and water have a good relationship with each other. Fiber helps absorb water from the intestine and keeps it moist.
Make Your Water Taste Better
To drink more water all day, you need to make it more tasty & delicious. The boring taste of water is the main reason why people don’t drink enough water but drink alcoholic beverages more. However, alcohol rapidly dehydrates your body.
You have surely seen on Tictok and social media how people make their drinks tastier without adding sugar or salt to them.
You can also try this trick to make your water more delicious.
Non-caffeinated drinks are becoming popular to hydrate your body all day.
- You can add some slices of lemon or cucumber to the water. Your plain water tastes better as well as looking nice.
- Add some fresh leaves of mint, basil, rosemary, or cilantro to the water.
- Try sparkling water with a slice of lemon.
- Freeze fresh fruit juice in ice cube trays and add it to normal water to make it tastier.
- Add soup and smoothies to your diet.
Take Help From Fitness Apps or Set an Alarm
Setting an alarm on your mobile or getting help from fitness apps is a good idea to stay hydrated all day. People just forget to drink water in their busy schedules.
Now people forget to drink water but don’t forget their mobile phones so it’s best to take the help of smartphones or mobile apps to stay hydrated. Simply download the best fitness apps to your mobile device or set an alarm.
In the initial days, it looks difficult, but after some time, you will get used to drinking water all day without the help of an alarm or smartphone apps. Some of the best fitness apps are Waterllama, My Water, Waterminder, Aqualert, etc. to stay hydrated.
Minimize Coffee And Sugary Drinks
You should minimize coffee intake and sugary drinks. As per experts, too much sugar and too many caffeine drinks can cause dehydration. Those who drink more caffeinated drinks such as tea, coffee, etc. are going to pee more and face dehydration issues.
So you should limit caffeinated drinks. Always prefer to drink natural energy drinks or homemade energy drinks such as vegetable juice, coconut water, fruit juices, fruit smoothies, soup, etc.
Drink Water Slowly & Enjoy Every Sip
Don’t drink a big glass of water in a gulp; drink slowly and enjoy every sip. When you drink fast, it also runs fast from the body. That is the reason why experts always suggest drinking water slowly and with peace of mind.
Drinking water slowly helps it mix with saliva, and it can help you feel more hydrated all day. So always try to drink water sip by sip, and don’t drink water in a rush.
The point you should remember all day is
“Just drink slowly and enjoy every sip of the drink.”
Take a Bottle of Water With You
The water bottle always reminds you that you should drink water. It creates a psychological effect on your mind; when a water bottle is on your desk, it encourages you to drink more water to stay hydrated.
Having a reusable water bottle with you helps you drink more water in a day. You can also see nearby, whether in your office or another place, how many people are taking their water bottles with them.
You should at least choose a water bottle that holds at least 1 liter of water, and you can refill it anytime.
Keep in mind that you shouldn’t overhydrate yourself; you should see when you need water as per your body condition.
Some of the Signs of dehydration are:
- The first signs you feel thirst
- Dry mouth and lips
- Yellow and smelling pee
You should always remember these points and hydrate your body accordingly.
Wrap It Up
After understanding the above points, you will surely understand how to drink more water to stay hydrated all day. You should always drink enough water—not too much or too little. Make a perfect balance, and you will see how your body will start to feel different.
Hi, I am a fitness freak girl, who loves to explore the best way to live a healthy life forever. I am a science graduate girl from the University of Denver and loves to write about fitness blogs to help people live healthy life.